Touchdown Dance-Off Competition
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Touchdown Dance-Off Competition (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents of North Carolina and Virginia who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WFMY Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc. (“TEGNA”), Dick Broadcasting Company, Inc. of Tennessee (collectively, “Contest Partners”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest Entry Period will begin at 9 a.m. (EDT) on December 27, 2018, and end at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on January 13, 2019.
To enter, submit a video of your team performing a touchdown celebration dance. Each team entering the Contest (each a “Competing Team”) must consist of at least three, and no more than ten, individuals who meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2 above. No Competing Team may enter more than one video, and no individual may participate as part of more than one Competing Team. Enter online by visiting wfmynews2.com (the “Contest Website”), clicking on the Touchdown Dance-Off Competition link, completing all required information and following all posted instructions to upload your Competing Team’s entry video. Each video submission must be an authentic, original video produced by the Competing Team identified on the accompanying entry form, and the Competing Team (or its members) must own the copyright in the video submitted and all content therein (including without limitation any music used in the video) or have the appropriate rights to submit the video. Video entries must be no longer than 20 seconds and must be submitted in mp4, mov, wmv, or mpeg-4 format. No individuals other than Competing Team members may appear in the video. All entries must be received within the Contest Entry Period as determined by the Contest Website’s systems. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
Sponsor reserves the right to reject any videos that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems obscene, offensive inappropriate, objectionable, or in bad taste, or infringes on any third-party’s intellectual property rights. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. Each Competing Team, and each member thereof, acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By participating each Competing Team, and each member thereof, agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of Sponsor and to receive emails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. The winning entry will be selected through a series of online votes open to individuals 13 years or older, conducted through the Contest Website as further described below. Scores will reset back to zero for all entries after each round. Sixteen entries will be selected in the First Round; these entries will then compete in a single-elimination tournament. Only one vote per person per day.
First Round: A panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: 50% creativity and originality of performance, 50% dance technical skill. The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to fifty (50), with fifty (50) being the best score. The sixteen entries with the highest cumulative score[s] will be designated the “First Round Entries.” In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Judging will be completed on or before January 13, 2019. The sixteen First Round Entries selected by the judges will be posted on the Contest Website beginning at 5 p.m. EDT on January 14, 2019. From that time through 5 p.m. on January 18, 2019, users may vote for their favorite entry. The eight entries with the greatest number of recorded eligible votes will advance to the Quarter-Finals Round. In the event of a tie, the winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entries.
Quarter-Finals Round: The eight entries advancing from the First Round will be posted on the Contest Website beginning at 12 p.m. EDT on January 19, 2019. Each entry will be matched against one competing entry. From the beginning of the Quarter-Finals Round through 5 p.m. on January 23, 2019, users may vote for their favorite entry in each of the Quarter-Finals match-ups. The entry in each match-up with the greater number of recorded eligible Quarter-Finals Round votes will advance to the Semi-Finals. In the event a match-up is tied, the winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entries.
Semi-Final Round: The four entries advancing from the Semi-Finals Round will be posted on the Contest Website beginning at 12 p.m. EDT on January 23, 2019. Each entry will be matched against one competing entry. From the beginning of the Semi-Final Round through 5 p.m. on January 28, 2019, users may vote for their favorite entry in each of the Semi-Final match-ups. The entry in each match-up with the greater number of recorded eligible Semi-Final Round votes will advance to the Finals. In the event a match-up is tied, the winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entries.
Finals: The two finalist entries will be posted on the Contest Website beginning at 12 p.m. EDT on January 28, 2019. From the beginning of the Finals through 5 p.m on January 31, 2019, users may vote for their favorite of the two finalist entries. The entry with the greater number of recorded eligible votes during the Finals will be named the Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the entry with the greater cumulative number of recorded eligible votes received over the course of the Contest will be named the Grand Prize Winner. In the event that the finalist entries remain tied, the Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among the finalist entries.
All decisions of Sponsor regarding the conduct of the Contest, including decisions regarding the eligibility and tabulation of votes, shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Competing Team will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize consists of (1) a trophy (ARV: $100), and (2) a promotional spot, featuring the winning entry video, airing within or adjacent to WFMY-TV’s coverage of the Big Game on February 3, 2019 (ARV: $30,000). The length, content, format and specific placement of the promotional spot will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries and votes received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Competing Team whose entry wins the Finals will be notified on or about February 1, 2019 at the email address provided on winner’s entry form. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. To claim prize, each member of the Competing Team must complete an affidavit of eligibility / liability & publicity release, including each member’s certification of compliance with the Official Rules of the Contest, which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor within 24 hours of notification. Failure of any Competing Team member to timely sign and return the affidavit and release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Competing Team’s disqualification, the forfeiture of the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable, nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated completion date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries and/or votes received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries poor quality videos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries or votes will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each entrant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Touchdown Dance-Off Competition is sponsored by WFMY Television, LLC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For the name of the winning Competing Team and its members (available after February 3, 2019) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit wfmynews2.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Touchdown Dance-Off Competition, WFMY Television, LLC, 1615 Phillips Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27405. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Dan Scutari at 336-379-5728 or Devetta Blount at 336-379-5796.